Tuesday, January 20, 2015

I always have room to improve.

I have been Crossfitting for over two years now.  I have made some big improvements and am much stronger and faster than when I started.  But I am nowhere near the capacity of my potential.

Last night Jonathan and I looked at the Crossfit levels and I was astonished at the amount of work one must do to complete those skill levels.  I am not sure I can yet fully pass level one.  It was fun to dream about the potential our body has for doing things, and wonder if I could work to a level three A this year.  I feel quite healthy.  I am certainly the strongest in any physical area that I have ever been in my life.  Yet there is infinite room to grow and improve.

I realized that this is God's plan:  for us to grow and improve in all areas of our life.  In the time we are given on earth we will never max out.  There will always be more refinement in how we love, serve, learn, work, communicate, and enjoy life.  God is perfect, and he commanded us to be perfect. Yet my mortal mind and body is still in its infancy of progress toward that charge.  I have an endless array of areas to work on, and an unlimited capacity of improvement in each.

No comments:

Post a Comment