Sunday, February 15, 2015

We work for the Glory of God.

That is the first line of our family mission statement.

Over a year ago, our family took an evening in a nearby nature park to contemplate what God wanted of us as a family.  We asked each of our children to go off alone and pray for their own mission from Heavenly Father to guide them at this time.  Jonathan and I stayed together and asked God for helping in creating a family mission statement that would guide us in parenting, and guide our family in following Him. This is what he gave us:

We work for the glory of God.
We are secure in who we are and in our missions in life.  
We are economically, emotionally and spiritually capable and independent.  
We care for ourselves and serve others.
We are physically and mentally fit.
We are children of Christ because we accept His atonement and make and keep covenants with Him.


Our children each recieved their own mission statements that are sweet and beautiful too!
Kate - If I find the paths, God will show me which ones to take.
Cassidy - To obey and honor my parents.  Live like Him, Love like Him, Learn about Him.  Learn my school lessons.
Wyatt  - My mission is to do my duty to God
Mille - Obey, Be kind, Learn and Grow

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful, precious family you are nurturing. I wish I could spend a day with you now and then and just be enriched by so doing. I am thankful for the people in my life who are an influence for good. You, Emily, and this blog, are folded snuggly into that thankful spot.

    ReplyDelete