Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Powerful, Purposeful, Nurturing Motherhood

That is my mission.

Several weeks ago God told me my mission was motherhood.  I have been mulling this over, reworking my goals and priorities accordingly, and trying to understand it. The past couple weeks I have been asking for more clarity, for more specific insight into the direction of motherhood God wants me to take.  Tonight as I lay in bed the words came clear and strong:

Powerful, Purposeful, Nurturing Motherhood

I was grateful for the clear revelation, and excited to go to sleep, but the Spirit would not let me. When God speaks to me, I must treasure His words, and for me that means writing them down.

Powerful means that I am firm, vocal, unbending in choosing, defending and teaching that which is good, right, and true.  I refuse, speak against, and fight against - as occasion affords - anything which is bad, wrong, or false.

Purposeful means that I carefully choose the direction I take my family.  I think through the consequences and long term effects of what and how I teach, talk to, interact with and bless my children.  I don't do things because they are normal, easy, or convenient.  Nor do I do them because they are different, hard, or challenging.  I choose how to parent, how to live, how to work, how to teach, how to love, how to play because of guidance from God, and the real long-term outcomes.

Nurturing means that I desire, and work for the growth of my children.  I have charity, gentleness, and meekness as a mother.  I desire their spiritual growth most of all.  I want them to have faith in Jesus Christ, to understand His atonement, and follow His plan of happiness.  I also desire their physical, mental, and emotional growth.  

No comments:

Post a Comment