Friday, November 28, 2014

I am a mother who knows that families can be together forever.

I went to the temple this morning.  There is a sweet peace that  comes as soon as you enter that holy house.  I entered it feeling low.  I was feeling frustrated and overwhelmed with so much to do, and not feeling that it was possible to accomplish, and certainly not for me to accomplish it with a smile and showing love to my children at the same time.  I didn't feel I had hope. In the Celestial Room, I had a chance to really ask for help, and receive guidance.  It came from Moroni 7:39-41:

I judge better things of you, for I judge that ye have faith in Christ because of your meekness; ...  And again, my beloved brethren, I would speak unto you concerning hope. How is it that ye can attain unto faith, save ye shall have hope? And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him..."

I felt the Lord tell me that I do have faith and hope.   With a resounding yes I could say that I have hope for life eternal.  That is the only way I will get my little Addy back.  She died at 8 months old, and therefore, through the grave of Jesus Christ's atonement, is saved and will have eternal life.  She is sealed to Jonathan and I through our Temple Marriage, so if we live faithful we will have her again.  This is always my hope.

1 comment:

  1. Emily,this gives hope to me too!

    I am so grateful but you have started this blog so I may continue to learn and grow from your wisdom and strength! How very blessed I am to have you as my sister, I love you!!

    ReplyDelete