Monday, November 24, 2014

I Am a Mother Who Knows Good From Evil. And I choose the Good.

I have felt blessed to live a sheltered and somewhat naive life.  I have enjoyed being a stay at home mom.  I have chosen to not have television, or video games (except for a couple years of Wii, which we have since gotten rid of)  in our home.  We carefully choose movies, music and books for that which will edify and make us better people, rather than just entertain.  I only read, listen to or watch news in very small and occasional doses, trying to focus on political happenings and major events, and skipping all the small, grimy stories of people's lives.
But recently I have learned more and more of the reality and pervasiveness of evil.  Satan is waging a fierce war against all who strive for goodness.  He is so subtle.  He has 7000 years of experience in deceiving. He is deadly serious in his aspiration to make all men miserable like unto himself.  He has no moral boundaries, he will stop at nothing.  He knows who the Lord's valiant disciples are and he is targeting them.  Oh, how I ache for the spiritually and emotionally wounded and fallen soldiers in this battle.  So many are taken captive unawares.  They have brain patterns of anger, depression, anxiety, addiction, or so many other negative thoughts and behaviors, well established, deeply embeded, before they even realize that they have a problem at all. He has silently drugged this generation, without thier knowing it. It is only with great effort and great faith that such chains are broken, and the wounds healed.  But I am learning and seeing that God wants to and can heal all broken souls, if we come to him with full purpose, and complete humility.
I know that this life is short in God's time.  Everything is "soon" to Aslan.  Our trauma and trials that seem an eternity will pass.  I know that it matters not what experiences come to us in life, so long as we hold on tight to God's word, and are willing to submit to all things.  He will make all things work together for good, if we love Him.  I know that as we get nearer to the Second Coming of Jesus Christ the evil will get stronger, but so will the manifestions of God's power and miracles among the righteous.  I choose to be on the Lord's side.

I am teaching my children the Warrior Hymns:
Who's On the Lord's Side Who?
True to the Faith
Battle Hymn of the Republic
Onward Christian Soldiers
Up, Awake, Ye Defenders of Zion
We Are All Enlisted
Behold! A Royal Army

No comments:

Post a Comment