Sunday, November 23, 2014

I am a Mother Who Knows that God Talks To Me Personally

Three years ago, as I worked with a mentor, I was assigned to do a Mission Quest.  I spent many hours in pondering, reading and writing trying to figure out my own personal mission statement. Finally my mentor asked me to go find a block of time where I could go to a secluded spot by myself and ask God for inspiration.  I did this and the answer came to me more clearly than any revelation I have ever recieved.  My Mission Statement since that date has been:


To Understand,
To Bless,
And To Prepare for the work God has for me to do.


I was given to understand that I was to prepare by getting my life in better order, and gaining more understanding and governance of myself.  I have fought depression off and on for many years and it's debilitating effects has dissallowed me to make significant progress in any project over a long period of time.  Learning to manange and overcome depression was a significant part of my preparation.

Last night, as I sat in Stake Conference, recieving counsel from our local church leaders, the Lord spoke to me personally again, in a very clear way.  He told me I am ready!   It is time for me to serve him in a consistant and outward way.  The first assignment I have is to start this blog, and add my voice to the millions of other voices in the world.  My voice is to support, defend, and encourage noble motherhood.  I feel blessed to be given this charge by a loving Heavenly Father.  I am a Mother who knows that God talks to me personally, and I am choosing to follow Him.  I know that he will talk to anyone who lacks wisdom (James 1:5), will ask, and receive.


No comments:

Post a Comment