Thursday, November 27, 2014

I am a mother who know that Gratitude is a state of happiness.

When I am in a moment of actually feeling sincere gratitude I am in a positive mental and emotional state.  This is a powerful tool I have used in times of darkness.   For many years I have had ups and downs with depression.  I have learned that my soul can only feel one emotion at any given moment.  I can only have 1 thought at a time.  If I choose to think about a blessing, a specific something that I am powerfully grateful for, at that moment I am choosing a positive state of being.  It has been a small reprieve from the surrounding darkness.
If I can make a stronger effort and recognize and feel emotion for many blessings - a long list of them, then I keep myself in that positive and lighted place longer.  Always and truly the Lord does bless us, always more abundantly than we can give thanks for or ever repay in our obedience and service to Him.  For as soon as we strive to do good, in thanksgiving of our blessings, He blesses us again.

Here are a few that I am Grateful for Today!
Jesus Christ's Atonement
Jonathan
Addy - in Heaven
Kate
Cassidy
Wyatt
Mille
Janey
Temples
The Book of Mormon
Ananas Melons
Sunshine
Sweet Peppers
Mountains
Thunder Storms
Mom
Dad
Mom Satterthwaite
Dad Satterthwaite
Friends
Relief Society
Trials that teach me
Hot Baths
Cold Water
Oranges
On Gaurd
That I can do a HSPU
Gardens
Flowers
Trees
Soil
Worms
Spiders
Lady Bugs
Sunsets
Long Walks
Long Talks
Pumpkin Pie
My Sisters - 2 of them
Massages from Jonathan - getting one right now  :)
Flush Toilets
Refrigerators
Gas Stoves
Washing Machine
My Brothers - 7 of them
Brothers and Sisters in Law who are all wonderful
Nieces and Nephews
Babies
Homeschooling
Pilgrims
Pioneers
The Constitution
The Declaration of Independence
Liberty
TJEd
Jodie
C.S. Lewis - all his books
The Arbinger Institute
Life Changing Services
George McDonald
Laddie
Little Britches
The Bible
Journals
Coconut Oil
G2 Pilot Pens - they write smooth
Cars
Prayer
Answers to Prayer
The Holy Ghost
The Sacrament
Christmas Carols
Cinnamon
Cloves
Nutmeg

1 comment: