Friday, December 5, 2014

I am a mother who knows how to stay in love.

Friday Night Dates!  I learned this from my parents.  For as long as I can remember they have always had a Friday night date, so when I married Jonathan, I expected one too.
I am so grateful for this tradition.  Each week I look forward to time with my husband, away from the children.  Actually, for many years we had our dates at home after the children were in bed. We would only occaisionally splurge on paying a babysitter.  Now that we have children old enough to babysit, dates are blissful.  They refill my tank, and strengthen my relationship with Jonathan.
Sometimes, people ask me, well what do you do?  Usually we spend most of the time talking, about hopes, dreams, struggles, children, the future,  the past, the gospel of Jesus Christ.  We do this while, driving, eating dinner, going on a walk or hike, or just sitting in our room.  Sometimes we have read a book together - good fiction, or taken on a project like building an RC airplane, or taking a class - most recently a permaculture design course.  The temple is always a good choice.
Tonight we started our date with Crossfit, went and bought chicken and a green drink, drove and talked for a while, and ended up at the temple.  We got out and walked around that beautiful place, and thoroughly enjoyed each others company.  The Spirit was strongly with us.  It was a beautiful night.

1 comment:

  1. I'm grateful that our parents passed on this tradition also, I know it has been a huge blessing to our marriage!

    ReplyDelete